Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next - Franklin P Jones

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A boy and his brain

‘It wasn’t my fault Mummy,’ he said ‘it was my brain.’

‘Well,’ I replied ‘how do we make sure that your brain listens to me in future?’

There is a pause whilst small boy contemplates this conundrum. His brow furrows in concentration, his eyes look off into the distance and his small rosebud mouth purses in deliberation. ‘I don’t know,’ he says despondently ‘it doesn’t have any eyes or ears Mummy, so it can’t see or hear you.’

How to keep a straight face? ‘Oh dear, well does it listen to you then? Can you tell it not to do silly things like sit on your sister’s head when she is lying on the couch?’

‘No Mum, it cant hear me either. It’s a very silly brain. I think that only girls brains can hear them. I don’t think boy’s brains work the same.’

Ahh, I think, out of the mouth of babes….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home