Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next - Franklin P Jones

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Our Own Worst Enemy

You know, after a couple of years being a member of various different parenting internet sites, I have come to one major conclusion. It's a bloody good thing that women don't rule the world. I kid you not.

Once upon a time I bemoaned the fact that the world is led by such idiots as George W. But quite frankly, compared to the actions and attitudes of some women out there, I would have relabel George as "mostly harmless".

We women live to find weaknesses in other women. We love to attack, degrade, belittle and denigrate other mothers; we love to laugh at other people's misfortunes (really though, it was the ugliest couch anyone had ever shown on an internet site) and we develop obessive passions for directing vitrolic attacks on people we dont even know. And people, I am only talking about me here.

I have sat here reading posts by women who had left small kids alone at home and whispered to myself "I see stupid people...". I have called my best friend at all hours to tell her to ignore her own child in favour of logging onto our site of the moment so we can talk in outraged fashion about the ignorance, rudeness and general stupidity of other mothers. I have spent hours talking about having a passionate hatred for a woman that I have never, ever met, but loathe the time she steals from me every time I read anything she has ever written.

I have made moral judgements on strangers abilities to raise children purely based on the fact that they have small minded ignorant ideas and are more than happy to try and share them with me. I have cried at the injustice of being tied to membership of a moderated site that I can only refer to as the Stepford Wives but at the same time find myself unable to stay away.

And lets be honest, I am not a small minded, ignorant person myself. I am well educated. I am in my mid-30's and have grown up enough to know that there is very little black and white in the world. I am a very likeable person (albeit one who doesnt deal well with idiots). And yet, this is what I do. I get passionately involved in other peoples small, chunky little lives, and sometimes I do it just so that I can laugh at them.

God forbid if I am a true example of an average woman.

And that my dears, is why women should never be allowed to rule the world. It would end up being too much like high school and we all only just made it through that intact...

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle Jay said...

Hmmm wouldnt it be funny if we were 'hating' each other on the same sites ha hah hah. I would wee myself laughing at that one!

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home