Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next - Franklin P Jones

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Making Baby Food - Slow Cooker Recipe

Well today I made some baby food for Alex. Because I am back at work, I need to cook a lot at once and freeze it for use during the week(s). So I decided to get out the old slow cooker and cook up a huge casserole just for him. And he loves it!

So here is the recipe for Alexander Casserole:

500gm of chicken (boneless)
Carrots
Potato
Sweet Potato
Pumpkin
Beans
Peas & Corn
Onion
Tin of Leek and Potato Soup
Tin of coconut cream (well it was in the cupboard taking up space)
Chicken Stock

The chicken I used today was frozen skinless breasts, but to be honest it would have been terrific with thigh fillets too. I didn't even defrost the chicken!

Chop chicken into cubes
Chop Onion fairly finely
Peel and chop carrots, potato, sweet potato and pumpkin into cubes
I used frozen beans and frozen peas and corn

Put all incredients, including soup, cream and stock into the slow cooker and turn on to low. Cook for 8 -9 hours. If you start this later in the day, or want to cook it faster, select the high button on your slow cooker and cook for 5 - 6 hours.

30mins before you are ready to 'dish' thicken the liquid with cornflour paste.

Today I set aside a plate full of food for him, and I put the rest into containers for the freezer.

Recipe makes enough food for a big old hungry baby for about 2 weeks (as one meal per day).

Go forth and cook yummy food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home