Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next - Franklin P Jones

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ah, said the boy

Oh Mummy, said the boy.

I have asked and asked Santa for a train set and all he gave me was this silly card game and a balloon. I have been trying to be so good. Why doesn’t Santa love me?

Well, said the Mummy

The Santa at the party tonight was not the real Santa. The present you got was from the after school care centre and not Santa at all. But you know what, I have been in contact with the real Santa and I know you are going to get super cool presents for Christmas

Oh, said the boy

Will it be a trainset? I have been asking for a trainset for a hundred years

Perhaps, said the Mummy

You have been a good boy and I am sure Santa has things under control. Do you want to dry your tears and we can play with the play dough that your sister got from the centre as her present

Look, said the boy

This is a cat. See his legs – one two three four and this is his head. I am giving him wings because he is a super hero cat and can fly and save people when they are falling off the roof. Do you want wings on your cat?

Yes, said the Mummy

My cat needs wings

Mummy? Asked the boy

Can you sing me the long song?

Yes, said the Mummy


You are my sunshine, my sunshine baby
You make me happy, you’re my best boy
You’re the best boy in the whole world
And I love you more every day
I love you deeper than the blue ocean
I love you higher than the stars
I love you further away than Jupiter,
Venus, Pluto and Mars

You are my baby, baby Alexander
You know I love you, you’re my best boy
You’re the best boy in the whole world
And I love you more every day

Ah, said the boy

That’s my favourite song in the world

1 Comments:

Blogger Motherduck said...

Ah Don't you just love the way little boys minds work :)

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home