Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next - Franklin P Jones

Monday, November 15, 2010

Embrace online business

Ok so I have not done yesterday’s blog yet, my bad  But I cant resist getting straight into today’s topic ‘embrace online business’. The fact is that I am such an embracer of online business that I swear my poor husband has a protocol on our home computer that emails him an alarm if I click on PayPal. I love the online shopping experience.

For a start Hop Shop & Go is nirvana to the female soul. With the Australian dollar so high, you can sit at your desk, log into Saks 5th Avenue and nab fantastic bargains that are cheap, cheap, cheap! And given that their seasons are the opposite to us, when sale season comes around you can pick up ‘next’ season bargains and be both fashion forward AND prudent with your spending. Well that’s the theory anyway; the reality is that I have only bought things for my kids to date – but when Target in the US has their ‘home’ brand as Mossimo why wouldn’t I? And just last week, I received my order of t-shirt and jeans (all Osh Kosh) from the US of A. And how much did they cost me? A$18.83 + postage.

Then there is e-bay. As a three year old Bee could hit my favourites on the inner-net explorer, log into e-bay and had worked out how to go to the kids toy section. Kelvin was somewhat disturbed to see her do it but I managed to laugh it off. Many a companionable hour has been spent by the Bee and Me sifting through ebay – bidding on must have littlest pet shop’s and summer t-shirts. I particularly loved it when she was little and at daycare because I would buy designer clothes (second hand ones) for her to wear to daycare. I was that mother who dressed her kid in Fred Bare to do finger painting. But when you only pay $10 for the dress you don’t get stressed when it comes home with the evil blue paint stain because that’s why you bought them.

Also, we are time poor – and I just cant be bothered going out at lunch time and being ignored by the badly paid, and badly trained retail staff at Myers. I could get my sandwich, log into the internet and search for whatever items I desire. I can window shop without getting off my fat bum – hooray!

Favourite sites:

Shopping Directory | HopShopGo

The Carpenters Daughter - exquisite clothng for women with curves

One Young Family, One Old House Equals Love

The last none is not a shopping site at all – this young couple inspire me to make the best of the stuff that you have; to be creative and to have flair without spending a gazillion dollars. They love IKEA as much as I do and I just adore this website

2 Comments:

Blogger Ingsthings said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh lisa embrace you have remember you are keeping economies afloat with your largesse

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Felicity said...

You have not only given me the inspiration to get into online shopping but the tools as well...I don't know if this makes you on the side of 'good' or 'evil' but I'll plump for the former.

Am off to explore your sites now, thanks!

Felicity x

10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home